Peter Block, author of Flawless Consulting, describes three main roles that an effective consultant should play:
- as “a pair of hands,” a consultant can do tasks that a client organization knows how to do itself, but does not have the staff to accomplish;
- In the “expert” role, a consultant provides knowledge or skills that the organization does not have in-house;
- In the “collaborative” role, the consultant works as a partner with the organization, contributing process knowledge, but leaving the rest to the client, who has the task expertise and staff to accomplish tasks once the approach is determined.
Culturewise consultancy offers a combination of all three roles with the emphasis on the collaborative role. Consultant’s assistance in designing and managing
- Strategic Planning
- Development of Policies & Procedures
- Analysis & Evaluation of Programmes
- Capacity Building within Organisation
will help focus energy where it is most needed and preclude wasting time reinventing the wheel.
Sometimes it takes an outsider to ask the hard or dumb questions, and a skilled facilitator will help surface disagreements about important issues, as well as manage potential conflicts in a constructive way.
Culturewise consultancy is cost effective and offers long term solutions through a proven process.
For more information please contact us